vrijdag 27 april 2012

Introducing Glenda Lagomarsino

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
I'm Glenda Lagomarsino and I'm 22 years old. I live in a little town near Florence called Borgo San Lorenzo. After high school I moved to Florence where I graduated at Polimoda, International Institute of Fashion Design and Marketing, in a triennial course of fashion design.


2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection.
For this collection I was inspired by the people of Papua New Guinea, the last population of cannibals. I'm fascinated by the volumes of Shamans and by the importance women give to the head to support their clothes. My collection focuses a great deal on these waves. Many dresses in this collection are intertwined. I've studied the position that women take in some photos; taking this position, they change their silhouettes, they change their body, and I changed the proportion.



3. What served as inspiration for your collection? 
For my inspiration I looked at many photos that will show the true reality, documentaries and I think a great help is offered by contemporary art.




4. If you had to describe your collection in 3 keywords which ones would you choose? 
Alteration, weaving, proportion


5. What was the biggest challenge in your collection? 
Study the change of the silhouette and make wearable outfits which are unusual at the same time.


6. What does FCM 2012 mean to you? 
I think FASHIONCLASH Maastricht is a great opportunity and platform for the visibility of a young designer who wants to express and to introduce what is his world.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...