donderdag 31 mei 2012

“Social End-tity” by Likeme(N) Gertjan van der Linden

Collage Inspiration Damage
Photographer Gertjan van der Linden
1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
I am Likeme(N) by Gertjan van der Linden, I’m 23 and I live in a town called Drunen in the south of the Netherlands. I studied Fashion Design and graduated in 2011 from the HKU, Utrecht. My field of specialization is making warning-concepts, as I like to call it myself. 
I try to preserve what’s left of the society, by warning them about several issues and by this giving the society the message to be on guard. Most of the time, I’m trying to do this by creating a combination of bitter truth and humor. Furthermore, I like to make textured designs and fashion illustration. 



2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection. 
Nowadays society is selfish. People are trying to progress or promote themselves whenever they see a chance by any means. In order to achieve this, society forces us to wear masks. People make this mask their own in order to be accepted by social ideals of our society. Because of that we are no longer ourselves. We are now led by socially accepted ideals and in the process we lose our inner self. 


Collection Damage - Photographer Gertjan van der Linden
3. What was the inspiration for your collection? 
I used the problems that I see in today’s society such as social media and egoism as an inspiration for this new collection. Furthermore, I used some sport features in my concept to enhance a men’s silhouette. Think of an abstract translation of the mask. People try to look better, than they really are. You will see more aspectsof this sort in my collection. 





Inspiration collection Deadly Fiction - Photographer Cor en Leonie Baauw
4. You entitled your collection “Social End-tity” – What does it represent? 
I had to over think when naming my new collection. While I was sketching some comments on paper, brainstorming, I came to the conclusion that “Social End-tity” would fit best since my collection is inspired by the decay of people’s own social identify. Further, the word ‘entity’ also is a kind of substance that exists by itself,sort of like a ghost. What was the biggest challenge in your collection? The biggest challenge in my collection was the making of a somewhat commercial-looking collection to promote my label but still keep my own (id)entity. 


Inspiration collection Social End-tity - Photographer Gertjan van der Linden
 5. What does FCM 2012 mean to you? 
 FCM 2012 really means a lot to me. I see this competition as a big step forward in my future career. It enables me to gain more experience and use this experience for my own label or start working for another commercial company. Further, it helps me to make new clients attentive of me as designer. But the most important thing, FCM 2012 made me see that people value my work as a designer. 






Portret Gertjan van der Linden - Photographer Anneke van Delft
 6. How do you personally define “fashionclash” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
 Yes, I would indeed describe FCM as a clash, because ultimately, everyone wants to be the best. But the most important thing is that by participating in FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012 you meet new people who have much in common with you as a person. Everyone shares a common ground of fashion or art which makes people grow together. 

 
























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...