zaterdag 2 juni 2012

Marlou Breuls presents “Revēlātiō”

1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Marlou Breuls. I’m 20 and I’m living in a small village, called Elsloo (nearby Maastricht). This summer I’ll hopefully be a graduate of the ROC Tilburg in Fashion design. Presently, I am waiting strained for the result of my admission for AMFI (Amsterdam Fashion Institute). 


2. Tell us a little bit about the concept behind your collection “Revēlātiō”. 
My collection is based on the Apocalypse. “Revēlātiō” is Latin for the end of times. Trying to expose beauty in an image of war, hunger and death. The most common explanation of apocalypse, particularly in religious texts, points at the end of the earth. In the title of the final book of the New Testament – Revelation, we also find a reference towards this latter meaning which it is generally interpreted as the downfall of human civilization and/or the Earth. In Revelation it becomes clear that it is about the four horsemen of the Apocalypse: victory is followed by war, hunger and death. 

3. What served as inspiration for your collection? 
At the ROC in Tilburg I’m forced to think extremely commercial and less creative. Fortunately, during the assignment of my final examination the criteria were less stringent. I was able to experiment and involve a broader range of inspiration into my collection. I used my fascination for the Earth and tried to translate that into experimental and creative ideas.
The myths about the apocalypse have always fascinated me. After doing some extensive research I tried to translate the gruesome, hard and catastrophic image that I had into my collection. I materialized this by using uncommon combinations as well as in the outfits and in my handmade accessories. Nevertheless the whole collection had one uniform criteria, it had to be wearable. 

4. What materials did you use for the collection and the accessories? 
Giving the fact that my concept is related to the Earth, I have consciously chosen to make use of sustainable and natural materials. You could think of materials as leather, wood, copper, animal bones and human hair. 


5. If you had to describe your collection in 3 keywords which ones would you choose? 
Destructive, attractive, realistic. 

6. How do you personally define “FASHIONCLASH” or “a clash with fashion” for yourself? 
To me, FASHIONCLASH is a unique event because it allows designers, in its broadest sense, to exhibit their talent. People of various artistic backgrounds, all translate their own unique and creative thoughts into fashion and art. Next to this, this fantastic event is made possible by inspiring & fantastic people!










Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...