zaterdag 2 juni 2012

Theatrical Encounters: ‘HAAX’ by Karel van Laere & Sonja Schoedel

Sonja Schödel, Karel van Laere and Daniel van Hauten
1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?) 
My name is Karel van Laere, I was born in The Hague, The Netherlands on 26-03-1988.


2. Where did you study and when did you graduate? 
I graduate this year as a theatrical performer from the Theatre Academy of Maastricht.


3. What inspires you as a performer? 
The infinite possibilities of new media have always been a huge source of inspiration for me. In the world of fashion I intend to add a subversive element to the traditional fashion show.


4. What can we expect from you this year at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht 2012? 
Just like last year I intend to make the audience along the catwalk look at fashion in a different way. Last year I dragged four models over the catwalk on their stomachs. This year I will present, together with Daniel van Hauten and Sonja Schödel, a catwalk performance in which we are willing to take another step forward. Sonja designed the clothing based on the concept.


5. Can you tell us a little about the concept of your performance/ presentation? 
With this performance we’ll play with the laws of gravity. I intend to make the audience look at the performance the way newborn babies look at the world.


6. What is the inspiration behind it? 
My inspiration is the defenselessness of the human body subjected to machines, systems etc.


7. What makes the encounter with Sonja Schödel so special? 
Fashionclash brought us together in ‘the designer meets performer project’. The collaboration with creators from the fashion world inspires me and it’s great seeing how my ideas become so tangible.


8. How does your performance contribute to a ‘clash with fashion’? 
In my opinion a performance adds an extra dimension to the clothes that are being presented. My clash with fashion usually lies in how I make use of the models.


9. What can we expect from you in the future? 
In the future I shall continue researching the crossover between performance and fashion. I hope that the essential moment of my performance will be given more and more opportunities which allow me to show my performance in as many places as possible, both in Holland and abroad.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...