woensdag 22 mei 2013

Femke Agema at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht for the 5th time


Please introduce yourself to our readers.
My name is Femke Agema, I’m from the Netherlands. I have my own fashionlabel called Femke Agema, and I design two women’s wear collections a year.

What inspires you in general?
For me, the concept inspiration is quite vague. I never know what to answer to this question. Getting inspiration happens subconsciously most of the time.




Where are you based?
My studio is based in Amsterdam, in the lively neighborhood The Baarsjes.

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country?
It is tough but fun.

What place/city do you find inspiring? I definitely loved being in Japan, and then Kyoto is that I found the most inspiring city. The place is so mysterious.

What is the concept behind your latest collection/creation?
My most recent collection is called ‘Weg’ (‘Away’). It is the winter version of the collection ‘Elders’ (‘Elsewhere’) and refers to a place elsewhere than here and now.

Describe your collection/creation in three words
Playful, fresh and ‘Femkish’

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why?
I do have a few friends in mind when designing. These girls are girly, but in a tough way. They are creative, spontaneous, spunky and a bit crazy.

Who is your favorite fashion designer?
The Danish designer Henrik Vibskov. I love the way he creates a whole new world around every collection.

What is on your music list while you are making your collection/creation?
I share my studio with my friend Will, an English copywriter. We argue a lot about the music that we play. Let’s say it is very diverse.

What made you smile today?
My dog Pepi playing around with another dog in the park.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself?
I just had to think two whole minutes about this, so I guess I don’t buy that much for myself..

What can we expect from you in the future?
Future plan is to make men’s clothes as well. And conquer the world.

Since you have been involved in FCM for five years, how do you look back on five years’ FCM?
Each year is great. I love the atmosphere at FCM. The people that are involved are so nice and passionate.

How has your work developed in the last five years?
Thinking of what I presented the first edition of FCM, I feel almost ashamed. I have grown a lot in these five years. My label is quite steady. My handwriting is recognizable but still innovative. The amount of stockists is growing: when looking back, I must admit I’m proud!

What is your dearest memory about FCM?
That must be the fashion show of 2011. I presented my spring/summer collection ‘Drijf’ (‘Float’). When the show started, I sneaked out of the backstage area so I could watch my own show and the reaction of the audience. That moment was magic.
 







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...