woensdag 22 mei 2013

Lonneke van der Palen - photographer of this year's FASHIONCLASH campaign

Please introduce yourself: 
My name is Lonneke van der Palen, I live in The Hague and I make photos. 

What inspires you in general? 
There are so many different things within this world that arouse surprise and spark my interests and inspiration, but I do take the time to actively search for them. My search for inspiration takes me outside and into the world. I can’t stay at home hoping that ideas just start flowing. During everyday life I keep my eyes open and if I register something, I lock it away in my memory bank, knowing it might one day lead to something interesting. Those things can differ from street name signs, to an old disco ball that’s broken and bend because it fell down, to a quiz on TV, as well as the menu at a restaurant, weird objects I come across in second hand stores, the way my cat shred the toilet paper to pieces or even just a plastic bag floating down the street. 





Where are you based? 
The Hague, but I work a lot in Amsterdam (the reason I should move to there).

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country? 
It's hard, being lazy is not an option. I still have a long and hard road ahead of me, which will require a lot of motivation and patience, but the thought that I might one day get to where I want to be keeps me going. 



What place/city do you find inspiring? 
London, not only the city itself, but also because of the great set designers they have. 

What is the concept behind your latest collection/creation?
The approach of clothes as objects. 

Describe your collection/creation in three words
colorful, abstract, graphic 


How do you look back on five years’ FASHIONCLASH Maastricht?
I follow the organizers of FCM for years now, and I see a clear progress. Every year it gets more professional which also attracts international audience. It's young, fresh and challenging. 






How did you do with the campaign image? 
It was a great experience! We needed two days to prepare the set, but the shoot itself was done in ten minutes because the model couldn't hold it any much longer.


Who is your favorite fashion designer? 
Bernard Wilhelm.

What is so far your greatest experience in your 'fashion' career? 
My first international editorial for WAD Magazine. 

What is on your music list while you are making your collection/creation? 
Jacques Brel.

What made you smile today?
The overflowing bathroom.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself? 
A portable background set.

What can we expect from you in the future?
Photos turned into three-dimensional sculptures. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...