vrijdag 10 mei 2013

NEANGA by Neringa Stuopelyte

Please introduce yourself to our readers. (Who are you, where do you come from and what is your field of specialization?)

My name is Neringa Stuopelyte. I’m originally from Lithuania, however I study BA fashion jewellery and accessories design in London, at the moment.










What inspires you in general?
Inspiration is a tricky thing, but, I find my different personal experiences and daily life being the main source of inspiration, because I like exploring social issues, especially when I am personally involved in it.

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country?
As I am base in London now, London is a magnet for talents, so it is nice to be surrounded by people like you, but at the same time, it is so hard to be 'someone' here. Just the only ones, who believe in themselves and try as hard as they can, are able to become the Talent of talents. But generally speaking, London is a great place for young creators.

What place/city do you find inspiring?
I could be inspired by people in the places but not the places per se, so Shoreditch area in London and Montmartre in Paris are the places full of inspiring people, people who are creatively hungry, wherever you go, whoever you meet. Those people are crazy and strange, but that’s what makes you be inspired, the weirdness, the things and people you can barely understand.


What is the concept behind your latest collection/creation?
Poetic concept inspired by ladies and men relationships nowadays, from a critical point of view.

An evening accessory, bag,
a man net if you will.
An accompaniment
anticipating, criticizing, exploring
the big catch.
Combining original and
bizarre, night-time,
dazzle and golden.
The evening landed
delicacy of lobster
swinging loosely beside.
The femme fatale on her
mission, transparent as a
cage. Yet strong in composure,
he'll know when he's
ensnared.


Describe your collection/creation in three words
Edgy. Dangerous. Sarcastic.

Did you always wanted to work in the field of fashion?
Well, I have not been thinking about it. Just it sometimes happens by accident, and the accident becomes your life, so I can say that it was an accident of my life when I was on the crossroad where to go, and somehow I chose the way of fashion.

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why?
I do believe that everyone has one, even I do. I am not going to point it out who is that, just the only thing – it is the person who is not from my environment, not belong to my age, social or ethnical group – the person who I can hardly understand or imagine his life. But there is something, I think, it is more about being so different, about the things we talk, about the things we laugh, that becomes inspiration and only the inspiration.

What is so far your greatest experience in your 'fashion' career?
I think that my placement time with leather accessories designer Una Burke and leather hand-bag company ‘Jas M.B.’ were the greatest experiences in my ‘fashion’ career, not only shaping me as a designer but as a personality as well, so I really value that time spent with them.

What is on your music list while you are making your collection?
The music that doesn’t make me think but just inspire me, or just let me be inspired by my minds. ‘Apparat’, ‘Burial’, ‘Damu’, ‘The 2 bears’, ‘Julio Bashmore’, ‘Leon Somov & Jazzu’.

What made you smile today?
Random people who I have never met before and, I am sure, that I am not going to meet them again. They are people in the street who sent me the positive energy.

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself?
Crazy coat with pink, green and navy flowery print, the important point is that I never wear anything colorful. So it’s a big change in my life.

What can we expect from you in the future?
Hmm, it is a good question. I WISH I KNEW THE ANSWER. Indeed, I am unpredictable.

What was the most impressive project you experienced and what did you learn from it?
I participated in some avant-garde fashion festivals-competitions that taught me how to lose and win. I do believe if you want to become a good designer you have must been experienced both feelings, because just then you know what the way to success means or how hard it could be and still I am on my way, I am trying hard and not giving up.

Why did you choose to participate in those avant-garde fashion competitions, and can you give an explanation of ‘avant-garde fashion’ in your words?
Avant-garde events are different, they have different atmosphere, different audience and the participants and I believe that ‘avant-garde’ fashion brings people with similar point of view about the fashion, style, etc. that are most of the times led by misunderstanding of the mainstream. I think ‘AVANT-GARDE FASHION’ is poetic, theatrical and full of mixed feelings.

As you’re interested in ‘mixed media in art’, what’s your most favorite ‘mixed media’ artwork? 'Turbo Princess' by Ted Noten in 1995, a pendant featuring a little mouse cast in acrylic and wearing a small pearl necklace.


Credits
Photographer: Migle Enciute
                      Neringa Stuopelyte
Website: http://www.facebook.com/nsjwl

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...