dinsdag 20 mei 2014

KOMBOKOLOR by Izabela

Preview of "Chaos keeps me alive"
Picture: Michal Polak
Today we introduce you to Izabela Jankowska and her label KOMBOKOLOR. Izabela is from Gdansk, Poland. Her latest collection, “Chaos keeps me alive,” full of colours and happy patterns will be showcased during the Designer Market. 

Hi Izabela! What inspires you in general? 
Lots of different things but mostly colors and symbols. 

What place or city do you find inspiring? 
There are many fantastic cities and places, but big differences are what inspire me the most. This is why I live in the countryside, where it is quiet, green and where everything happens slowly. When I get fed up with the countryside vibe, I simply go to the city. This duality is very interesting and inspiring. It gives me a lot of energy. 

What is it like to be a young designer in your city/country? 
Like I said, I live in the countryside and probably nobody knows what I’m doing. I like it that way, where I can stay hidden from the outside world. 



What attracts you about the FASHIONCLASH platform? 
The FASHIONCLASH Festival takes place in a city on the edge of three different countries, and it attracts different people coming with non-commercial projects. It’s new for me, and it is also challenging in some ways. 

What is the concept behind your latest collection? 
My latest collection is called CHAOS KEEPS ME ALIVE. I think the title already gives out a lot. Many things are now changing in my life. Some things are coming to an end, others are just starting, and I find myself in a bit of a chaotic place. The collection is a mix of various materials and colors. It is basically made of everything I could find in my workspace. I mixed a few ideas I didn’t have the chance to concretize. But you have to see it yourself. I don’t want to say too much about it. I like it when people interpret my projects themselves. It gives me a fresh perspective and new knowledge about myself. 

Describe you collection/creation in three words. 
Unexpected mix, joy. 

Preview of "Chaos keeps me alive"
Picture by: Michal Polak
Did you always want to work in the field of fashion? 
I did when I was young, then I wanted to do something else, but it was always related to art. Finally, after a while, I came back to fashion. 

Can you remember the first piece you designed? 
Oh, it was so long ago! 

Do you have a muse? If yes, who is it and why? 
No, I don’t. 

Preview of Izabela's work

What kind of feeling do you want to transfer with your latest collection/creation? 
In every collection, I want to give to people the feeling like they are not here, a bit like the easiness children have, a feeling of happiness and openness. I like it when people watching my creations smile. 

What is on your playlist when you are working? 
Sometimes I prefer silence with birds singing outside, sometimes I just listen to the radio or different types of music. 

What book shaped you? 
A lot of books shaped me, but it is mainly real life that shapes me. 

Who is your favorite fashion designer? 
I like Vivienne Westwood very much, Raf Simons, Comme des Garçons, Emma Mulholland, etc. 

Izabela in her workspace

What is the latest thing you bought for yourself? 
Nothing that would be worth mentioning. 

What is your favorite fairy tale and why? 
Alice in Wonderland, I just love the whole story! 

If your life were a song what would the title be? 
... 

What made you smile today? 
Like almost everyday, my dogs! They get really crazy in the morning. 

Twitter or Instagram? 
Now Instagram :) 

What is your definition of style? 
Just be yourself and feel good! 

What has been the greatest experience in your “fashion” career so far? 
All experiences are great, I’m still a beginner. 

What can we expect from you in the future? 
;) 

Kombokolor's website: www.kombokolor.com

Izabela's joyful creations

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...