woensdag 28 juni 2017

Foam of the days - FASHIONCLASH Festival


Kristina Ivkovic is a young designer from Serbia who recently graduated from the  Academy of Fine Arts Brera, Milan. In 2011, she co-founded Skochypstiks, a parkour clothing brand and she plans on moving to London soon to launch her new brand Foam of the days, which will be showcased for the first time at FASHIONCLASH Festival.



When did you realise you wanted to work in a field of (fashion) design?
Unconsciously I was interested in fashion since I was a child. I was drawing clothes all the time (just clothes, without bodies) so children used to make fun of me in the kindergarten.

What are so far your main achievements in your career?
Exposing on Milan Design Week was an amazing experience. The whole city is brought to life during Design Week and you are surrounded by so many different art forms. It is a great feeling to be a part of it. Another great opportunity was when I took part in an exhibition in honor of Emanuel Ungaro held at Brera Academy. Mr. Ungaro attended our exhibition and even discussed our outfits with us. I was deeply honored to meet such a legend.

In what projects are you involved at this moment?
At this moment I am managing Skochypstiks and working hard on my upcoming brand Foam of the days.
What are your biggest struggles as a young designer/artist?
I wish I could be just creative. As an artistic soul it was hard for me to get comfortable with the business side of my profession. Co-founding Skochypstiks helped me a lot regarding this matter. As I got more experience and skills I became more confident.

What do you love the most about your profession?
I can’t live without fashion. It is my way of living, it is how I express myself. Fashion makes me feel alive and purposeful.

How would you define fashion?
For me fashion is a way of communication.
             
What fascinates/inspires you and why?
I am a very tactile person, so textures, surfaces and textiles inspire me the most. Colors and forms too, actually everything. I find in everything something interesting. Kitsch! I really find it challenging and inspiring.
      
What challenges did you face during the design process?
I am not decisive. Sometimes I have so many ideas that I can’t choose. That drives me crazy.

·      
Can you tell us something about the project you will present at the FASHIONCLASH Festival?
Foam of the days is an upcoming brand which aims to collect vintage denim and elaborate it with various hand crafting techniques such as embroidery, weaving, bleaching, dyeing, stitching, drawing, writing, deconstruction, patch working etc. - simply to give a new unique life to those amazing pieces which even by themselves are telling a story. 
Foam of the days is based on concept of surrealistic novel L'Écume des jours (translation Foam of the days) by Boris Vain and its colorful movie Mood Indigo. Foam of the days will be the sweetest brand ever - surrealistic, kitschy, playful and colorful.


What do you try to communicate with your project?
Why produce new denim when we can upcycle? Especially now in the time of overproduction, exploitation of people and our planet. Also new denim doesn’t really make a lot of sense simply because it is “too much new”. Denim with time only gets better and better. Old denim has a soul which is created by the time; and by the body which has worn it.

Why have you decided to participate at FASHIONCLASH Festival?
I think Fashionclash is an amazing opportunity for young fashion designers and I am looking forward to meet up with creative people from all around.














·   ·          

Fun Facts

 What’s a standard day for you?
I don’t have a standard day. I like to be creative during the night when I have peace because during the day I have responsibilities. I sleep when I feel so or when I have time, doesn’t matter if it’s a day or night.

Vegan, vegetarian, healthy diet or any food will do? 
Pescaterian and chocoholic.

Best Tv-show/movie at the moment?
Movie Mood Indigo made upon book L'Écume des jours by Boris Vain.

 What is your bad habit?
Thinking I can manage everything in time, but honestly everything gets finished in the very last second.

 Are you a people's person or a loner?
 I can be both. I like a good company and creative company but I also like a lot to be alone in my world.

  Do you have a pet?
 A cat. I am a cat lover.

Your favorite quote?
“More is more and less is a bore.” Iris Apfel

What’s your favorite city?
Paris
              
 If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
London, where I am actually moving soon because I think it is a great market for upcoming brands.

What do you enjoy the most in life?
Fashion, chocolate and love.

What’s your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate.

Who is your biggest example/idol?
John Galliano since the very beginning.

You favorite social media app?
Instagram.

Instagram account you think deserves more attention?
_foamofthedays_

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...